Translation Services Internship Vancouver
Translation internship Opportunity
ABC Language Solutions is a Vancouver, Canada based translation and international communications company. We help companies that represent many diverse industries, from aerospace to mining to medical equipment, succeed in foreign and domestic markets by providing fast, professional, culturally sensitive, and competitively priced one-stop translation services and comprehensive linguistic support in most language pairs.
DID YOU LEARN THIS IN CLASS?
CAT Tools… Outsourcing… Crowdsourcing… Branding and market positioning…Marketing in the new media… Client education… Objection handling…. How to find clients… How to keep them… How to set rates…What is industry standard equipment and software and how often to upgrade? How to manage your time? 10 things PMs love about translators, or how to become the No. 1 go-to translator… 10 things PMs hate about translators, or the fastest ways to lose your client…
Most importantly, how to make sense of all this and become a successful freelancer or staff translator.
We have a number of ongoing translation internship opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students.
What you will learn:
QUALIFICATION FOR TRANSLATION INTERNSHIP
ABC Language Solutions offers on-site and online internship positions in a broad range of translation-related activities, including but not limited to Production, Sales, Marketing, Business Development, etc. As we regularly offer direct referral and staffing services to our clients, potentially, regular employment or contract work may result from exceptional performance.
Qualified candidates will be seniors or graduate students in business, communications,marketing or language/translation related programs. You will be highly creative and detail oriented, have excellent organizational as well as excellent written and oral communication skills, and be able to work independently. You must be reliable, punctual, abd committed, but above all, you must be passionate about your profession and attitude to work, be self-motivated and capable of setting your own goals. We expect a commitment of 10 – 20 hours per week for a minimum of 3 months. Canadian, American, and international students are welcome to apply.
These internships are hands-on positions offering the successful candidates front-line experience in the exciting field of translation services for international business. Interns will work closely with the Company Management, Director of Marketing, Director of Business Development, and other senior staff on a daily basis. This will offer substantial opportunities for professional development in addition to the experience of working on specific projects. The successful candidates will participate in a broad range of translation-related activities, including but not limited to:
- Design and production of presentations for major corporations and government agencies;
- Recruiting, qualifying and managing the selection process for prospective translators;
- Participating in coordination of complex translation and interpreting projects;
- Assessing documents and software;
- Design and layout of marketing materials representing ABC Language Solutions to targeted markets;
- Updating and improving the company’s website, www.abc-lang.com;
- Participating in the development and writing of marketing materials;
- Research on specific market segments to determine their need for technical, legal and medical translation services;
- Planning and executing new marketing programs, including measurement of results;
- Participating in a business blog, article marketing.
To apply, click on GET STARTED NOW button below or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application should include the following:
- A 2-3 page proposal on how you will approach the above-referenced work, which industries you believe are good target markets for ABC Language Solutions, how you would structure your work to advance ABC Language Solutions’ success in these industries, and why you in particular would be a good fit for the ABC Language Solutions internship position.
- A writing sample: an expository essay about translation industry and importance of international communication or a marketing piece.
- Current school / university transcript (for undergrads) or resume (for graduate students).
GET REAL LIFE EXPERIENCE AND MAKE IT COUNT!
We know how difficult finding your first job can be, especially if you don’t have any previous work experience. But how do you get experience without having a job? This is a difficult and challenging task for many people.
Whether you are already looking for a job, just considering a career change or advancing your skills and education, an internship in a professional translation company is a good way to do it. This is a chance for you to get valuable hands-on experience that you cannot get in a classroom, to make an impact, as well as an impression – the work you provide will directly influence the way in which ABC Language Solutions represents itself to a broad range of local and international markets.
BENEFITS OF PROFESSIONAL TRANSLATION INTERNSHIP:
Our internships provide valuable work experience opportunities to university students, recent graduates and people considering career changes. We are willing to hire and train interns with little or no experience. The internship positions typically do not offer any compensation. However, the benefits of doing an internship go far beyond pay cheque/monetary value.
You will get the chance to…
- Get valuable real life experience from a leading ISO-certified company
- Get an edge on the job market
- Decide early on if this is the right career for you
- Apply classroom knowledge
- Gain confidence
- Get networking opportunities